Thursday, September 14, 2006

Formula?!?!

Last week I had my 6-week postpartum doctor's visit and although I wanted to take Cassidy in so they could meet her, I ended up just leaving her at home in Michael's capable hands. I left him a 6-oz. bottle of pumped breast-milk and nursed her right before I left. We also had a couple of bottles of frozen breast-milk in the freezer and really, I was only going to be gone for a couple of hours so I figured Michael wouldn't have any problems. I wasn't going to bring my cell phone with me though because it hadn't been charged and like I said, I was only going to be gone for a couple of hours.

Well, I was probably gone for a little over 2 hours. I walked through the front door and there, standing in the living room was Michael with a harried look on his face and poor Cassidy in his arms looking highly perturbed. I look down on the coffee table and see 2 empty bottles of milk and a full bottle of formula (we got a bunch of formula freebies). I look back at Michael with a quizzical and amused look on my face because we had agreed not to use formula and he immediately explains that he ran out of breast-milk and she was still hungry so he broke out the formula. It all seemed so comical to me. The even funnier thing though was that Michael tried to give Cassidy the bottle with formula and she got even more upset because it wasn't the "good stuff" and that's when I walked through the door.

I guess we now know that Cassidy's with us on the no-formula plan!

2 comments:

Mandy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mandy said...

Well, I didn't mean to do that and I have like an almost book typed out. :(

I think that is pretty funny. Wil was the exact same way when I offered him formula. Not that I wanted too but the nurse suggested it bc he was eating too often. He didn't like it at all.