Friday, January 19, 2007

The Big Chill '07

It snowed here in Texas and Cassidy got her first taste of snow this week! Well, she didn't taste it but we sure did bundle her up and take her outside to see the snow. Really, we just had her out there long enough to take pictures and then we headed back inside the house where it was nice and toasty.

I remember the last time it snowed here. I think it was back in '05 and it was just beautiful. It was about 2am when the phone rang. We were up anyways playing CoH but we didn't even know what was going on outside. Thankfully we got the call from CJ (Michael's friend) to look outside and there it was. A million soft snowflakes falling down to blanket the ground. Hey, I'm a poet, who'dathunkit!

Really though, it was lovely! Michael and I piled on layer upon layer of clothing and we headed out to walk around the neighborhood and build snowmen in our yard. It was a lot of fun! I wish I had pictures from back then. I really hope it snows like that again when Cassidy is bigger so she can play in the snow too! Although we do plan on heading up to Green Bay to visit Papa Jim and Jessica for Thanksgiving so maybe we'll get lucky and she'll get to see snow then. *fingers crossed*

Our winter weather came in on Monday and stuck around till Thursday around noon. The roads weren't really icy on Monday during the day but it was rainy all day and when the temperatures dropped, the roads started to ice over in the evening. Michael went to the grocery store on Monday night (because he wanted to use 4-wheel drive...MEN!!!) and the shelves were pretty empty throughout the store. On Tuesday pretty much everything was closed and that's when it snowed. There wasn't a whole lot of snow but we'll take what we can here in Texas!

Here are some pictures from Tuesday:
















1 comment:

Mandy said...

fun fun, we had ours yesterday. I have to post the pics. About 2-3 inches. Eric had a ball.