Sweet Pea ended up getting strep throat the Thursday after her 1-year well check. Her doc thinks she probably got it while she was there since none of the kids in her class at daycare had strep throat and neither did anyone at home.
There's nothing like going to the doctor for a well check and a couple of days later having to go back because your child's sick from something that she got from someone else at the doctor's!
She started her antibiotics on Friday and Doc said she would no longer be contagious 24 hours after starting the amoxicillin. So by Saturday morning, she would've no longer been contagious but I guess during the time that she was contagious, she must've gotten her little streppy germs on something that I didn't clean. I ended up feeling a sore throat coming on last Thursday. By Friday I was feeling pretty miserable. I was at work, with a sweater on and was achy all over and felt like I had been dunked in a huge vat of ice water over and over again and then was left outside in the cold to chill. I kept shivering and couldn't stop. Of course I didn't go home because I had to be at work (long story there) but when I did get home, I bundled up from head to toe and crashed!
I woke up Saturday morning still feeling pretty miserable but at least my fever had gone. I decided that I needed to call my doctor so that if I did have strep I could at least get started on the antibiotics that way come Monday I wouldn't be contagious anymore and could go to work. So now I'm on amoxicillin for 10 days. Sweet Pea finished her 10th day today, so no more amoxicillin for her! Although, she was starting to enjoy her twice-daily doses.
So since Sweet Pea was contagious that Friday and couldn't go to daycare, Daddy stayed home with her. I'm told they had a lot of fun. They re-created what all they did during the day for me later on. Of course I had to take pictures.






Sweet Pea has this fascination with anything somewhat round. She sees such round item, her eyes light up, she points and says "BAAAAWWW". It's actually pretty funny because we'll go to the grocery store and she'll see a canteloupe or watermelon/orange/apple... you name it. If it's remotely round, she will point to it and call it a "baaaaaaawww" and want to hold it. So this prompted us to get her a baaaaaawww of her very own.
Here are pictures of her playing with her baaaaawww:





Note for the Grandparent Police: Yes, we like to keep Sweet Pea on her toes by placing such various obstacles (like random cords laying on the floor) throughout the house.



2 comments:
Sweet Pea and I are Amoxicillan buddies! Strep is awful. Hope she fairs better than I have!
Whoops...to quick to post the last comment! LOL!
I guess you can just call us the
Amoxi-girls!
Post a Comment