Sunday, April 01, 2012

Making Monkey Cake Pops

My boss gave me this really cute Cake Pop book full of ideas on how to make/decorate cake pops. Sweet Pea, Sugar Plum and I perused all the pictures and decided on doing the monkey ones. Despite Papa Bear thinking they look more like moose!

So I got all the ingredients needed and my trusty helpers and I got to work! The girls helped pick out the brown and yellow m&m's. Sweet Pea did all the counting after they were separated to make sure we had enough of each color. Sugar Plum arranged all the yellow candy melts on the plate for me so they were nice and even for me to draw the mouths on. Sweet Pea counted out the Tootsie Rolls and Sugar Plum helped me pound them down so I could cut into them for the hair. Both girls helped crumb the cake and mix in the frosting. They also tried helping roll the cake into balls but neither of them liked doing that. Apparently it was too messy for Sweet Pea and Sugar Plum always has to do what her big sister does, so when Sweet Pea lost interest and went off to play, so did Sugar Plum. Since they still had to set in the refrigerator, I ended up finishing the cake pops after the girls were in bed.

They remembered them come morning though! Cake pops for breakfast!!! Hey, it's just like eating a doughnut anyways, right?






















No comments: