We were going to schedule the non-stress test for this Friday but she gave me the option of induction (like she had mentioned at my last visit) and I took it. We're scheduled to go in this Thursday at 10pm if Cassidy still isn't here by then but her thought was that I'll probably go into labor before then. I'm thinking she's probably right...just a feeling though. We'll see!
Surprisingly, for it only being a day away from my due date, I'm feeling great! In fact, I'm feeling better now than I did last week. I wonder if that's because I know she'll be here soon? Oh well, it doesn't matter, so long as I'm not miserable, right?
Okay, info from my doctor's appointment: my blood pressure was at 102/66 mmHg and I haven't gained anything since my last doctor's appointment so I'm still at 22 lbs. Cassidy's heartbeat was in the 140s this time around.
Throughout last week I had some more contractions sporadically and on Thursday I thought for sure it would turn into the real deal, but no such luck there. The contractions quit about 7pm or so. I then decided that it was necessary to mow the lawn because it was looking a little unruly (and Michael really shouldn't be doing stuff like that just yet) . It was funny because Michael was out there keeping me company while I was mowing and our next door neighbor comes running out waving his arms and hollering to Michael that he would mow the lawn for us. Our neighbors are great! But Michael told him that it was something that I wanted to do to try and start labor. He understood because they have an 8-month old and his wife did something similar to try and start her labor. Needless to say though, it didn't work for me. But our lawn looks great now!
Okay, one more day to go although realistically, I'm thinking Wednesday or Thursday is when it might happen. Let's keep our fingers crossed!



No comments:
Post a Comment