Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Pouty Lips!!!

I have to say, throughout this entire pregnancy I've been relatively comfortable. I haven't had too many complaints and have been pretty cheery for the most part...that is until last Friday.

I woke up Friday morning and felt that something was definitely different. Everytime I stood up, I felt like my pelvis was going to separate and there was pressure that hadn't been there before. For the most part it was just a discomfort but at times it was borderline painful. Not horrible unbearable pain, just little twinges that I wasn't used to having. As it turns out, Cassidy dropped some and that's what that was all about. I still have the pressure and the aching pelvis and twinges of pain now, but I'm used to it so it only feels bad after I've been sitting down for awhile and stand up. So long as I'm up and about walking around and what-not, I feel just fine!

I had my doctor's appointment last Monday and found out that Cassidy probably won't be making her appearance anytime soon. No dilation, no effacement, although she has dropped "some". Sheesh! I wonder what my pelvis is going to feel like when she completely drops? I almost wish I could work standing up, then I wouldn't have to worry about all the sitting down and standing up that I have to do during the day (frequent pee breaks, ya know!). Then again, I might get lucky and she won't drop until right before I go into labor instead of days before. Everyone (even strangers) tell me "she's so high up, you aren't having her anytime soon". I guess this means more time for Michael to recover then.
:)

My blood pressure was at 110/60 mmHg and I've gained 3 more lbs. since my last doctor's appointment which brings me up to 21 lbs. so far. Right on track still! Cassidy's heartbeat was at 130 bpm but the nurse said that was because she was sleeping. When they did the ultrasound on Tuesday her heartbeat was back up to 150 bpm like it has been with the exception of the last doctor's appointment.

After the doctor checked up on me, she mentioned that she wasn't positive that Cassidy was still head-down and wanted to schedule an ultrasound to find out her position. I was surprised by this because I feel her daily hiccups and was pretty positive that she was head-down but hey, I'm not the doctor! Plus she said having another ultrasound is a good excuse to get to see Cassidy again so I wasn't about to complain. Initially she said she was going to have the ultrasound scheduled for next week, then she changed her mind and wrote down on the sheet to schedule it for tomorrow (which was yesterday).

Tuesday, by the way, also happened to be the day that Michael got his staples taken out. Yay! Now he's taped together which I'm sure feels tons better than being stapled together!

Michael got his staples taken out in the morning and I had my ultrasound in the afternoon. You should have seen both of us walking to his doctor's appointment in the morning. Hi! Meet Pokey and Pokier! We make such a pair! His doctor's office is on the 3rd Floor of the NAMC but of course, we didn't know where on the 3rd Floor so we were poking along trying to find it. Needless to say, we were late for his doctor's appointment but it went well. His doctor wants to see him in 2 weeks and as we were scheduling his appointment, the scheduler asked us if July 25th at 9:40 am would work for him and I laughed and said sure, that's my due date! We'll probably be here anyways! She joked back and said alright, just call us at ext. such and such and say "I'm in Room 20, I'll be right over!".

Okay, so about my ultrasound. The doctor dashed my hopes for a 6-pounder! As the tech was checking everything out I asked her if she could tell how much Cassidy weighed and she said "Yup! She's about 6 lbs. 14 ozs. right now". I then asked her what the odds would be of Cassidy staying at about that weight in another 2 weeks and she just laughed and said that was extremely unlikely. She then told me that the doctor would be coming in though to check up on me and he could give me a different figure but alas, he didn't.

The good thing though is that she's definitely still head-down and she's definitely still a girl. Whew! Thank goodness for that because most of the adorable pink stuff already have their tags cut off and are washed and ready to be worn!

They told me that she's average for her age and she's in the 47th percentile. Average is definitely better than large for her age, so I'll take the average.
:D

Also, the tech took the cutest little shot of her! The entire time she had both hands covering her face so the tech couldn't get a good picture of her profile for me but then she poked or did something to make Cassidy move her hands away from her face and right at that moment caught her with a HUGE pout! The tech said, "my goodness that's a pout she's got going!" It's quite adorable. See!





I have my next doctor's appointment next Monday, so we'll see how far I've progressed by then. Keep your fingers crossed that she doesn't get TOO too much bigger!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'll tell you what my doc told me... SEX SEX SEX!!!

Tell Michael to suck it up and get to work! :p hehe JK Michael!

I was only 3 centimeters 3 days after I was due. Doc did a cervical sweep and BOOM labor that night, a very short one at that. You may want to ask her what she thinks of doing that closer to your due date. I know my doc didn't want to do one until I was somewhat effaced bc it can be painful with a cervix that is rock hard but when you are a little it does speed things along, at least it did for me.