Tuesday, July 10, 2007

11 Months Old!!!

Sweet Pea turned 11 months old on June 28th. I can't believe she's going to be 1 year old in a couple more weeks!!! Time flew by so quickly!

Her birthday happens to fall on a Saturday this year but Michael and I are going back and forth on the whole "party" thing. We're still butting heads over it, so we'll see what happens. One thing's for sure though, we don't have a lot of time left!!!

I am going to schedule an appointment with Kiddie Kandids either that Saturday or Sunday so she can have her 1-year old pictures taken. We're looking forward to those. I'm going to try and schedule it with the same photographer that she had the last 2 times because Sweet Pea just absolutely loved her and thought she was the funniest person on the face of the planet!

And on her birthday we're going to make her handprint in clay and make a plaque with the Lil' Hands Keepsake Kit that Papa Jim and Jessica got for her. My instructions were to make the handprint and take pictures while doing so, then mail the plaque and the pictures to them so Jessica can do the painting to make it pretty. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished piece at Thanksgiving when Michael, Sweet Pea and I go up to Green Bay to visit them.

Okay, back to her being 11 months old. I don' t really have an official 11 month old picture of Sweet Pea, but here are two pictures of her just being her cute lil' self!




Daddy is making her laugh while she's trying to eat her cheese sandwich


By the way, Sweet Pea has become an incredibly persnickety eater! One day she'll like one thing and the next day she'll turn her nose up at it. It's gotten to be quite a chore trying to make sure that she eats! She has no problem drinking her milk though. She will always drink at least 24 ounces, but usually 28-30 ounces on a good day.

She LOVED ravioli and pineapple on one day and couldn't get enough of it and I've tried giving it to her a couple of different times after that and she expressed her distaste by blowing raspberries with the food in her mouth! Then she LOVED rice mixed with any of her pureed veggies and now she turns her nose up at that too. The list actually goes on and on, but I'm not going to list them all. Pretty much the only thing that she actually will eat day after day are CHEERIOS! I keep trying to give her different things though. I'm hoping this is just a phase she's going through though. If you have any ideas on what else to give her, I'm all ears!




with her Uncle Chris - he's her new best friend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could go on and on about picky eaters! Seriously, if you really want to talk, I'd love to give you some advice :)

Lacey said...

She sure is getting big! I cant believe shes going to be 1!!!

Marshall was like that with his food too. Although he seemed to always like things that had sauce on them. Oh, and chicken. He still cannot eat enough of it.

All I can think to recommend is try everything you can. Its been a long time since i went through that stage.