Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Potpourri


This is a post with a bunch of random different things... thus the title, "Potpourri".



Sweet Pea all tuckered out!
Michael and I were both in a different room for maybe a minute (if even that) and came back to a sleeping Sweet Pea


Sweet Pea now has long enough hair to make a ponytail. Here are pics that I just HAD to take of her wearing a ponytail for the first time:



I wasn't kidding when I said she LOVES those snowboots!






Okay, I don't have any footage of these but I'm certainly going to try to get some if Sweet Pea cooperates:

Sweet Pea counting: "eight, two, eight, two, eight, two..." (she says this while pointing to each finger on her hands)

Sweet Pea asking for help: "Help You?" "Help You?" "Help You?" (she says this over and over again until you help her - she gets this from me saying "want me to help you, Sweet Pea?")

Sweet Pea letting us know she's hungry: "wi-us" (that's her saying "breakfast", but she uses it anytime she's hungry... even dinner)

Sweet Pea wanting us to come to her: "mere" (for "come here") or "OUT!" (this is said in a very demanding voice - she uses it mainly whenever Michael pulls up in the driveway and he's still in his truck while we're standing outside waiting for him)

Sweet Pea wanting something out of her way: "MOOOOOOOOVE" (also said in a very demanding voice... usually directed towards her dolly's that she just pushed down the slide aka "wheeee" and now she wants them to move so she can slide down)


I could go on and on, but I have other things to put on here soooooo, moving on...

For some reason, and I'm not sure why, anytime I say "apple", Sweet Pea does this to her cheeks. I think it's probably part of a song that she learned at daycare, but hey, I'll go along with it too!





Here's Sweet Pea sporting her cheesy grin:





And another one!





Sweet Pea has a book that she loves, it's called "My Little Word Book" and has a bunch of first words with pictures in it. One of the pages that she likes in it has pictures of kids doing things like hugging, singing, talking, crying, laughing, etc. and she likes it when I ask her to sing, talk, cry, laugh...

Here are some pictures of her doing these things:



this is her laughing on cue




...and her "crying" on cue




...and her about to sing - it's a very short little "aaaaaaa" (taken from the movie Enchanted)


And lastly, here's a picture of our Sweet Pea coloring. She's very serious about her coloring and sometimes concentrates so much and pushes down so hard that she breaks the tips off the crayons.





We're currently working on "crayons are only for paper - not chairs, cabinets, refrigerators, etc." She started to color on her rocking chair and I wagged my finger at her and said "m-m-m", you know, like "no-no-no" and it's very cute how she will now say "chair" and then also wag her finger and go "m-m-m", like she's stopping herself. It's the funniest thing!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't a toddler's vocab the cutest thing? it's funny that she says "help you" when she needs help. Jacob would say "hold you" and throw his hands up when he wanted to be carried.

I hope you guys are ready for new babies!! They'll be here tomorrow :)

Mandy said...

All that hair!!!! Is that a bun? Wil still has short hair and he is older! lol

I use to sleep just like that my parents said. On my knees with my butt in the air.

Lorelei said...

Nope, not a bun. Just her hair curling over to where it looks like a bun. :)

Jeahlo said...

That's kinda like the sign for "apple" that she's doing. Maybe she picked it up from one of her class mates?

I'd love to catch footage of Dumpling "counting" too. He goes "two-whee-pibe-two-whee" It's adorable the way they pick up these things!

Love the gorgeous pony tail!!

Lorelei said...

Oh my goodness!!! You're right! That's exactly what she's doing because she puts her finger up to her cheek and twists.

They teach sign language at daycare, so that's where she learned it from! Thanks for the info!