Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Boy was I wrong!

Or should I say GIRL! *wink* Yup, Ladies and Gentlemen, you got it - Sugar Bean's a girl!!!

We had our ultrasound today and all is well with Sugar Bean. According to the tech, we're going to have our hands full with this one because she was all over the place CONSTANTLY. Oh boy, someone to rival Sweet Pea with her boundless amounts of energy. We're in big trouble!!! The tech was having a heck of a time trying to take the measurements that she needed because Sugar Bean was all over the place in various positions that made it difficult to do the measurements. She also had her legs crossed for the most part so it took us awhile to find out that she was a "she", but find out we did and in spite of my thinking that Sugar Bean was a boy, I was quite excited and pleased to find out that she is indeed a girl. Poor Michael's going to be sorely outnumbered!

We were also able to hear her heartbeat and it was at 153 bpm, which is still lower than Sweet Pea's was at this time - not that that matters but just adding that as general information.

I have my next doctor's appointment on January 8th. I think the tech said something about measuring with a due date of May 24th now instead of May 22nd. We'll see what my doc says come January.

PS. This post was started way back but I wanted to scan in the ultrasound of the one semi-decent profile picture that we got. She apparently didn't want her picture taken because she kept putting her hands in front of her face. Anyways, I ended up not scanning it in but instead took a picture of it to post.

Here's our little Sugar Bean!



2 comments:

Mandy said...

awww congratz! Poor Michael come teenage years! lol

Jeahlo said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to meet little Sugar Bean!