I guess it was my fault for scheduling my doctor's appointment so early (9:00am) which meant that I needed to get my blood drawn for the glucose test shortly before that, which in turn meant that I had to drink the syrupy goodness (blech!) an hour before that.
For those of you who aren't familiar with it, it's a solution that contains 50 grams of glucose and tastes like REALLY sweet Sunkist. Now I happen to like sweet stuff (as anyone can vouch for) but at 7:30am, that was a little much for even me. Plus I had to finish the whole thing in 5-10 minutes and couldn't drink or eat anything until my blood was drawn an hour later.
Truth be told though, it could've been much worse. I'm glad my doctor's office let me bring the drink home so I could refrigerate it to where it was nice and cold. I can't imagine drinking it warm. YUCK! And it was carbonated so that helped out a lot too. It just had a really nasty aftertaste but I did have support from some co-workers who were cheering "CHUG CHUG CHUG" as I was drinking it.
I'm not sure how long it'll take to get the results back, but my doctor's office said they'd let me know as soon as they found out.
Speaking of my doctor's office, my appointment went well today. I had my 29-week doctor's appointment and will start having appointments every 3 weeks now instead of every 4 weeks. I have gained 8 lbs. since my last doctor's appointment (4/10/06) which brings me to a grand total of 12 lbs. so far!
Cassidy's heartbeat was at 150 bpm today, just like it has been at every doctor's appointment since February 7th. The first time we heard her heartbeat was on January 9th and it was between 170 and 180 bpm. We'll see if 150 bpm is what it'll be till she makes her grand entrance into the world! I'm soooo looking forward to having her here!
Here's my 29-week belly pic:




3 comments:
You look the same!!! And only 12 pounds?!?! I am so jealous! I am up to almost 30 :(
I had my appointment on Monday, the nurse told me that Monday was the last of my g-rated visits.. haha. Doc wants to start checking me early so we know sooner when the induction can be done.
Hope you ear good news ont he glucose test. With my son, the stuff I got to drink wa slike sprite. This time I had to drink the nasty orange stuff too, made me queasy.
And I should probably wait next time til I am more awake to type anything, since my fingers apparently still seem to be asleep!
"Now I happen to like sweet stuff..."
That's an understatement if ever I heard one!
I can tell you guys that it is absolutely the coolest thing in the world (so far) to feel my little girl moving around in Lorelei's tummy. I think I've fallen even more in love with my wife since she's become pregnant.
Too bad she's going to have some competition once Cassidy Jade enters this world. ;-)
Post a Comment