Thursday, June 01, 2006

Doctor's Appointment

I had a doctor's appointment today and all is well. Yay!

Cassidy's heartbeat, just like the past 4 doctor's visits, was at 150 bpm today. I guess 150 is the magic number for her. My next doctor's appointment is in 3 weeks (the last of my 3-week appointments) so we'll see if it's still at 150 then. I've been trying to listen to her heartbeat here at home with the stethoscope that Michael's Mom let us borrow but I've only had luck finding it once. She's an elusive little Jellybean!

My Doc checked to see if she was head-down today and she is!!! But Doc says it really doesn't mean a whole lot at this point because she could flip around a couple more times before she's born. I don't blame her, getting jostled around upside down can't be comfy! No wonder she's constantly kicking under my ribs.

They took my blood pressure like they normally do. It was 100/64 mmHg which is average for me. I never remember my blood pressure after they tell me, otherwise I would have been documenting it on here. I don't know why the numbers stuck with me today. I'll try to keep track from now on though to add to my posts for the sake of pregnancy documentation.

They also weighed me in today like normal. I have gained 3 lbs. since my last doctor's appointment (5/9/06) which brings me up to 15 lbs. so far. According to my BabyCenter update for this week, I will start to gain a pound every week until she's born which I'm pretty sure puts me right on track. I think I read somewhere that average weight gain with pregnancy is anywhere from 20 - 35 lbs. Of course the appropriate weight gain depends on a bunch of different factors but so long as my Doc doesn't say anything negative about my weight then I'm happy with it!

On a completely different topic, I happened to remember a website that I found awhile back which will give your child's eye color probabilities. You have to input what color eyes both sets of grandparents have, both parents have and whether or not your siblings have certain eye colors and it'll give you the probabilities for your child's eye color.

Based on what I entered, Cassidy has a 50% chance of having brown eyes, a 31.2% chance of having green eyes and an 18.7% chance of having blue eyes.

We'll see how that goes though. My nephew, Jacob, has the most gorgeous blue eyes ever and I think he had about an 18.7% chance for blue eyes too.

But...so long as she's healthy, that's all I'm really concerned about!

No comments: