Friday, October 06, 2006

This 'N That

♥ Yesterday Cassidy's pediatrician's office called to let us know that they got back the results from her Supplemental Newborn Screening. They came back normal. Yay!

♥ One of the blogs that I read on a regular basis (Mighty Tran Clan) had a recent post about "Elimination Communication". It's really quite interesting. This post inspired me to try it with Cassidy. We're still working on her signals because I can't seem to realize them until after the fact. But we did have one successful attempt yesterday morning so I'm hopeful! She starts daycare on the 23rd (I go back to work on the 18th but Michael will keep her that Thursday and Friday to make my transition back to work easier) and I intend on keeping up with this on the weekends and in the evenings once she starts daycare. We'll see how this goes.

♥ I love reading posts on the BabyCenter Message Board because I always learn something new. Awhile back I remember reading a post about an award-winning infant chair called a Bumbo. A lot of moms posted saying how much they love it and how much their little ones love it too. The other day we decided to get one since Cassidy has started wanting to sit up on my lap rather than lean back. She enjoys sitting in it although we don't keep her in it for long stretches since her little neck still gets tired after awhile. Doesn't she just look adorable in it though?




intently listening to what Daddy has to say





cooing in response


♥ I have to say, after using both Huggies and Pampers diapers on Cassidy, the Pampers ones are leaps and bounds better! It seems like leakage is a much more frequent occurrence with Huggies than with Pampers. Although, I read somewhere that boys do better in Huggies and girls in Pampers because of their shapes. I don't know, it seems like the Pampers ones are more absorbent regardless of the shape. That, and they are softer too.

♥ Also, Pampers has a Gifts to Grow rewards program that I just found out about the other day. You get points everytime you buy Pampers diapers, training pants and wipes. You can then redeem the points by choosing items such as books and toys from the rewards catalog. I wish I had known about this program earlier! Such a shame with all those Pampers diapers and wipes that I bought and didn't get to enter the codes on.

♥ Cassidy has started drooling more. I call her Bubbles when she makes her bubbly drool. In my most recent Baby Development email that I got from BabyCenter I was surprised to find out that baby's drool actually coats toys and other objects with disease-preventing protein. Knowing this will make me feel better once Cassidy starts putting toys and stuff in her mouth.

♥ Cassidy has also decided that her hands are quite tasty. Her pediatrician told us to keep an eye out for this and to start giving her the pacifier anytime she tries to suck on her hands. She says that it'll be much easier to wean her off the pacifier later on since we'll be able to take the pacifier away. We have a couple of different pacifiers for her but so far she seems to only like the Playtex Ortho-Pro Pacifier. We only have one of these though so I bought some more on-line yesterday. I sure hope the ones that I get look a little more girly than the one we have now. They look like they would be from the picture but I don't know because I was at Babies R' Us the other day and could only find them in blue. Oh well, the color really doesn't matter so long as Cassidy likes them!

♥ I plan on pumping (in a private mini-conference room with a locked door) once I go back to work but was concerned about cleaning the pump since I didn't want to gross anyone out by washing my pump in the Break Room sink. I really didn't want to use the restroom sink either but I thought I would have to. That is until I learned about breastpump wipes. With these wipes I'll be able to walk into the conference room with my little black bag containing the pump, the wipes and the storage bags and walk back out with the little black bag this time containing a clean pump and storage bags with milk. No having to run to the restroom (while trying to avoid people) with a pump that needs to be rinsed out!

♥ Okay, I think that's it for now but here's a quick picture of Cassidy sitting in her giraffe chair:



12 comments:

Michael Holdren said...

"Huggies leakage" is more like "Huggies blow-out". It's terrible.

If you have a girl, get some Pampers. If you have a boy, I'd still encourage you to give Pampers a try. The inside of each diaper is completely different. The Pampers has a netting and what seems like a more absorbant material, while the Huggies is a flat not-so-absorbant material. For me it's like comparing paper to a sponge.

(Stepping down from soap-box.)

Lacey said...

That chair is soo neat. She looks like such a big girl sitting in it too.

I tried Pampers with marshall and they didnt seem to fit him right, so he leaked in them alot. We ended up using the cheap store brand for during the day when he was getting changed often, and then the Huggies Supreme for night time. Even then we would have to change him in the middle of the night due to leaks. But they did seem to keep him drier longer than any other brand. If i remember correctly, when Marshall was a baby, Pampers still had the tape tabs on them, that was also an issue becuase when they would get stuck to his skin it hurt to remove.

I actully think i might have some coupons for baby stuff in my coupon book. If you would be intrested in them, i could drop them in the mail or by the house.

Mandy said...

I tried Huggies with Bri and they leaked like crazy! I tried Huggies with Eric and they leaked even worse! I used Luvs for Brianna and Pampers for Eric. I am using Pampers for Wil also. I am not fond of the baby dry as much as I am of the cruisers. I used swaddlers until the boys needed size 3. For size 3 I had/have them both in cruisers.

Cassidy looks so happy in that chair, Rick and I rushed out this morning and bought one. Wil loves it!

I have been having a very hard time getting Wil to take a pacifier. Nothing I bought has worked so far. So while we were at Babies R Us to get the Bumbo, we bought those pacifiers too. He actually doesn'tmind those in his mouth. So I think with some persistence, he may take this one.

Mandy said...

Oh, hey Lacey! They still have the tape tabs on them but they aren't as sticky since they use velcro also. They get stuck to Wil's legs but they don't hurt or stick real well.

Lacey said...

Thanks Mandy, thats nice to know for the next go-round. Whenever it dicides to happen *crosses fingers*. Im sure alot of things have changed since Marshall was little.

Mandy said...

Lorelei told you who I am right? :)

Lorelei said...

Coupons sound great, Lacey. Thanks! How about I come by your place sometime next week when I'm out running errands? I'm looking forward to seeing your new house! Give me a call to let me know when is good, k?

Lorelei said...

Mandy, I'm so glad Wil loves his Bumbo!

And Cassidy only tolerates her paci too. When she's really feisty she'll spit it right out to where it goes airborne! But all the others she just outright spits them out before they're even completely in her mouth.

Cassidy's in Pampers Swaddlers now. We'll have to move her over to the Pampers Cruisers when she gets to the size 3's too. Thanks for the tip!

Lacey said...

That sounds good FB. I have some cleaning to do at the beginning of the week. I will call you on like tues and we can set up a time.


Hmmm Mandy.. No she didnt, but I think I have an idea :)

Mandy said...

You definitely have an idea if you are calling her FB!! *hugs*

Lacey said...

Aww... you must be Kaedare (I think i spelled that right :)) hehehe.. I didnt recognize your name at first.. how have you been? Yeah i still have the habit of calling her FB.. :p

Mandy said...

Thats me! I've been pretty good, you? Check out my blog, you can see the kids.

http://theguerinsiv.blogspot.com/