I made this realization today (with some help from a co-worker) after I got the call from daycare that I needed to pick up Sweet Pea because she had a fever of 101F.
I was walking over to my manager to let her know that I needed to leave and one of my co-workers asked me how Cassidy was doing. I told her that she had a fever again and that I was leaving to go pick her up. She wanted to know if it was still because of the ear infection and I told her about the blisters in her throat. She said that her little boy actually had something similar awhile back and it was called hand/foot/mouth something or other. She didn't know exactly what it was called either. And that's when it all clicked!
So once we got home I did a search for "hand foot mouth blisters", and sure enough, it's actually called Hand-Foot-Mouth Disease which I'm pretty sure is what the doc had said but I just didn't realize it at the time. Anyways, this explains why Sweet Pea has been refusing solids pretty much since right after she got the pink eye. Here I thought all along that she was just teething and her gums were sore. Poor Baby!
At daycare, her and this other little girl (Sienna) are partners in crime. Together, they are always up to something and are inseparable. They are constantly pulling bows out of each other's hair (then trying to eat them) and climbing all over each other. It's funny because the teachers HAVE to separate them sometimes because of all the mischief they get into.
I was told, however, that today Cassidy didn't want Sienna anywhere near her and was constantly following Ms. Sharon, which is very uncharacteristic of her. She actually almost had a meltdown when Sienna touched her that Ms. Sharon had to stop feeding a baby and pick Cassidy up. Ever since Cassidy started daycare, I'm told she's only had 1 meltdown and this would've been the 2nd time but Ms. Sharon picked her up before it became a full-blown meltdown.
They knew she wasn't feeling well when that happened and took her temperature but she wasn't running a fever yet. A little bit after that though she started getting warm and that's when they took her temperature and called me.
Then, while waiting on me to come pick her up, they laid her in her crib so she could take a nap and she had just fallen asleep when the fire alarm went off!!! They were having a fire drill. So all the babies had to go into the 2 mobile cribs and get wheeled outside. And boy, was it hot outside! It got up to 93ยบ today so I'm sure that just made Sweet Pea even more warm!
Her little cheeks were red when I got there, but she was happy to see her mommy. We headed on home and she was able to take a nice long nap once we got home. She still had a fever after she woke up of 101.5 and was fussing so I gave her some Tylenol. She didn't eat any solids (no surprise there though) so I'm sure she's going to wake up at 2am again, like she has been for the past several nights, to take a bottle. I'm just thankful that she actually still takes the bottle because otherwise I'd have to worry about dehydration too!
Alrighty, I'm off to bed so I can wake up again in a couple of hours! My fingers are crossed that she'll wake up tomorrow morning fever-free and acting like the little imp that she is!



1 comment:
Poor baby girl! Those coxsacki viruses are nasty things :( I hope she's back to her happy self soon!
Post a Comment