Sweet Pea woke up this morning at 1am burning up with a fever of 102.3F (taken under-arm) so I stayed home with her today.
The doctor's office had called back on Tuesday to let me know that the results came back negative for pertussis. Yay!!! And while she was looking at the chart, she noticed that I had called in on Monday night about Sweet Pea's fever. She asked me if she still had a fever and how she was doing. I told her that the fever went down on its own without us needing to give her any Tylenol and that she was doing okay. (I called daycare to make sure that she was.) She told me that if she had a fever again to bring her in because they were concerned that possibly the Amoxicillin wasn't doing the trick.
So we gave Sweet Pea some Tylenol after we took her temperature and brought her to bed with us to get some extra TLC since she wasn't feeling well. When we woke up in the morning her fever was gone but I still needed to take her in to see the doctor. I waited till after 8:00 and called to make an appointment. The earliest they could get me in was 10:50, so I called in to work to let them know that I wouldn't be able to make it in today.
I suppose I could've dropped Sweet Pea off at daycare, then picked her up for the doctor's appointment then dropped her back off again, but daycare has the rule about not allowing kids to come back within 24 hours of having a fever higher than 100.4F. Plus I was concerned that she didn't have the fever because of the Tylenol but once it wore off she'd have it again and I really didn't want a scare like the UTI incident again! Besides, she just didn't seem like her normal squirmy, bouncy, happy self and I didn't want to send her off to daycare feeling miserable.
Anyways, by the time we got to the doctor's office, she was back to her normal squirmy, bouncy, happy self and I was sure the Tylenol would've worn off by that point so I was feeling much better. When Doc came in to see her, she was all smiles.
Doc told me that if her ears looked better, she may have to do a urine sample because she was concerned that Sweet Pea may have another urinary tract infection. Ugh!
Anyways, Doc checked her ears and they were both fine. Nooooooo! But before doing anything else, she checked her mouth and said her throat was red and swollen and that it looked like there was the makings of a blister in her throat. She said this was something that was actually going around and that it was viral so we just needed to let it run its course. Of course, I was thankful that we didn't have to do a urine sample. Plus, Sweet Pea was in good spirits, so I was happy.
I also asked Doc if it was okay for her to go to the pool so soon after her ear infection since I just bought her a really cute tankini last weekend and Doc said that was okay, but just not to be dunking her. (which I didn't plan on doing anyways!) She said the only real concern was the sun and that it was okay to use sunblock but she recommended getting the sunblock from Whole Foods or Central Market since they have the natural stuff which doesn't have a whole lot of chemicals in it.
Doc said that if anything changed or if it seemed like Sweet Pea wasn't getting any better to give her a call on Monday to get her in for a follow-up visit. I'm hopeful this won't be necessary!
After the doctor's visit, Sweet Pea and I met up with Michael at Bennigan's for lunch. The burgers were incredibly yummy, by the way! And then Sweet Pea and I headed home. I was soooo sleepy driving home (but still driving safely, of course) and Sweet Pea slept on the ride home.
When we got home, both of us took a nice long nap together, but rather than waking up refreshed, Sweet Pea woke up as Ms. Cranky Pants! After awhile of her fussing, I decided maybe she'd enjoy it if we went out for a bit because she was super duper smiley while we were at Bennigan's.
So we went down to the small park here in the neighborhood and she got to swing on the swing for the very first time. She absolutely LOVED it!!!
Here are some pictures:






After we got home from the park there was still a little time left before her bedtime routine so I put her in her swimsuit and off we headed to the pool. The cool thing about the pool in our neighborhood is that little kiddie pool is actually covered, so even though I hadn't gone out to get the sun block yet, Sweet Pea was well shaded. And too, we weren't there for very long at all and it was in the evening.
Here are some pictures from the pool:



At first she had such a tight grip on my hand and wouldn't let go for anything, but then once she realized how much fun she could have I couldn't even get her to hold my hand!



I think it's safe to say that BOTH of us are looking forward to going back to both the park and the pool soon but with Daddy next time!!! Poor Daddy has been working loooooong hours (in fact he's still not home yet) so he couldn't go with us today, but he definitely will next time!



2 comments:
Im glad she is feeling better :) Cassidy is the cuties in her little Bathing suit. I just love it!
Poor Cassidy. I hope she is feeling much better this morning. You are so lucky to have a pool like that in the neighborhood. She really looks like she is enjoying herself a ton. That suit is to darn cute!
Post a Comment