Whenever he fed her in the past, he would cut up her food to teeny tiny little pieces because he was always worried that she would choke. He would get after me when I wouldn't, so we always broke up her food into smaller pieces. Well... I did in smaller pieces and he did in super duper mini pieces. We went to Bennigan's with Grandma last weekend though and that all changed.
We ordered a grilled cheese sandwich and some grilled veggies for Sweet Pea. When she got her food, Michael started to break them up in his standard little pieces. She was hungry though, so she grabbed the sandwich and went to town! Michael was so impressed with how well she was doing with it and wasn't choking. So now, he's not so worried about breaking everything into tiny little pieces, although we still do with things that she can't bite off easily.
Here are some pictures of our Sweet Pea with her voracious appetite:









1 comment:
Go SweetPea!! I've been super watchful for grapes...always cutting them in half for Dumpling. This morning, he got a hold of a small bunch and was biting them whole off the stems and enjoying every second! He handled them pretty well, but I'm still a bit freaked out about possible choking!
Post a Comment