My tum-tum certainly got bigger faster this time around!

29-week belly with Sugar Bean

29-week belly with Sweet Pea
I had my 6th doctor appointment back on February 26th, which was when I had my glucose test also. I still don't have the results back but I'm glad I re-discovered my old posts because I can make better comparisons now. For instance, I now know for certain that I've gained more weight with Sugar Bean than I did with Sweet Pea. I mean, I was almost positive that I'd gained more but I was wondering exactly how much more.
At my doctor's visit when I stepped on the scale I inwardly groaned because I just knew that my doctor would get after me about my weight. 5 pounds in 3 weeks! But then much to my surprise, she said, okay you've gained 16 pounds total so far which puts you right on track. Yay, me!!! So looking at my old post, I had gained 12 pounds when I did my glucose test, so I'm only 4 pounds heavier than I was with Sweet Pea.
Thank goodness I didn't have to drink that orange syrupy stuff this time around. Actually I had a fruit punch-flavored drink and it tasted remarkably like Gatorade. I had no problems drinking it. Matter of fact, I finished the entire bottle in a little over a minute. I guess I was thirsty. I don't know if you can pick and choose, but if you ever have to do the glucose test and like Gatorade, I would recommend the red fruit punch-flavored one.
Anyways, my blood pressure was at 100/60 mmHG this time around - just like the last appointment. And Sugar Bean's heartbeat was at 148 bpm. For comparison, Sweet Pea's was at 150 bpm at this point in my pregnancy with her.
I was quite surprised also when my doc told me that she'd be seeing me in 2 weeks. I guess I'm in denial with how far along I actually am. When she saw the look of surprise on my face she said "yes, I'll be seeing you every 2 weeks now - we're at that point already!" So, I have my next appointment on March 12th and that's probably when she'll tell me whether or not I passed the glucose test. I'm fairly certain I did though.
So, folks, look forward (or not) to seeing weekly belly pics again!



1 comment:
Love the belly pics!! Hugs and Kisses to Sugar Bean and Sweet Pea!!
Post a Comment