Friday, May 22, 2009

39-Week Belly

This'll be short because if you haven't noticed, I'm posting this at 4:27 in the morning. I crashed on the recliner before Sweet Pea was even in bed last night and woke up a little before 3 am. I decided to get laundry and stuff done and then get caught up on my blog but now I'm ready to head to bed and sleep a little bit more before it's time to go to work.

This week's doctor appointment was on Wednesday. My appointment was at 9:30 am but my doctor had to go deliver a baby so I ended up having to wait a little over 45 minutes to be seen. Oh well - I had my trusty Saoirse with me so I passed the time FaceBooking and what-not.

Because they were running behind, they didn't check my weight till after the doctor had already seen me. Woohoo! But at that appointment I had gained yet another 3 pounds since my last visit. This puts me at a total weight gain of 31 pounds. Yeesh! My blood pressure was at 110/64 mmHg. We listened to Sugar Bean's heartbeat but I don't remember her telling me what it was at. I think she just said, baby sounds great or something like that and I spaced on asking her what it was at. I'm still only 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced, much to my doctor's dismay. I could tell she really wants me to have this baby already and encouraged me to help move things along by doing the standard stuff. Something I had never heard of before though was that she recommended trying red raspberry tea. Apparently there's an old wive's tale that drinking this herbal tea induces labor. Michael went to the grocery store the other night but he got WHITE raspberry tea instead of RED raspberry tea. I hear the white stuff's nasty, so I'm not going to even try it. Maybe on my lunch break today I'll go and pick up some red raspberry tea from the grocery store. Oh, she also said that Sugar Bean was at -1 station and not engaged.

I went ahead and scheduled another appointment for next Wednesday. If Sugar Bean's not here yet, she plans on stripping my membranes (OUCH!) and she went ahead and scheduled an induction for me on Friday, which is when I'm 41 weeks along. I seriously doubt it's going to get to that though. I wager Sugar Bean will be here before Monday. We'll see if I'm right!

So anyways, here are the comparison belly pics:



39-week belly with Sugar Bean




39-week belly with Sweet Pea

2 comments:

Jeahlo said...

Membrane stripping is really unnecessary. It's rather painful, and introduces a whole lot of foreign bacteria where they shouldn't be. I hope it doesn't come down to it, but please know you have the right to decline your doc's "standard" procedures.

Lorelei said...

Thanks for the info, Jeahlo. I haven't done any research at all on membrane stripping. It sounds painful but I'm (optimistically) positive that it won't come down to that. I believe she'll come on her own before then. :D