Sunday, January 29, 2012

All About Sugar Plum

It's a shame we don't have this on video, but I wanted to post about it nonetheless because I want to be able to remember it.

Sugar Plum and I went to get her bangs trimmed yesterday. As a treat for being so well-behaved, she got a lollipop. Here's how the conversation went when she told Papa Bear about her lollipop:

Sugar Plum: Daddy, me got lahbeedop.
Papa Bear: Lahbeedop?
Sugar Plum: Nooooo, Laaaaah-beeeee-dop! (she accentuated each syllable)
Papa Bear: Laaaaahbeeeeedop?
Sugar Plum: Nooooo! Laaaah-beee-dop!
Mama Bear: (whispers to Papa Bear) lollipop
Papa Bear: Ohhh, lollipop!
Sugar Plum: Yesh, lahbeedop!

Also, here are some of Sugar Plum's pronunciations that are cute so we don't forget:

use = ooos (said full of expression with her lips pursed out)
banana = ba-na
butterfly = lai-lai
soap = loap
That's so silly! = Dat toe chilly!

I know there are lots more, but I'm drawing a blank right now. I'll add to this post as I think of more.

In the meantime, here's a video of Sugar Plum singing her ABC's:

No comments: