Sunday, January 22, 2012

New Year, New Post

Wow, I can't believe the last time I posted on here was May of last year!!!

In my flimsy defense, my Photoshop quit working on me (which is what I use to re-size images) and then my Droplet app that Michael had set up for me went kaput too (this is what I used to upload the re-sized images onto the web server). And it was like pulling teeth asking Michael to re-size the images on his computer and then upload them, so I quit asking.

But then today I was inspired to start blogging again. :) I went online this evening to check my blog to see when we moved Sweet Pea forward-facing in her car seat and I couldn't remember why I stopped blogging so I decided to start up again.

Of course, when I went to open up Photoshop to re-size my pictures, it all came back to me. Bah!!!

But, Michael was sitting here next to me and suggested that I try to find a free app to download for re-sizing images. I discovered ImageWell. Yay!!!

Then, Michael showed me how easy it was to upload the re-sized images using Transmit and VOILA - I'm back in business!

So, to get everyone semi-up to speed. The girls are doing great.

Sweet Pea is in Kindergarten now. She started in a new class last week. That's a whole mess of an issue that I don't want to get into! She started a new After School program when school started back up this month. The bus picks her up from school and she's loving it there. She had a dentist appointment the other week and we discovered her first cavity :( so she has an appointment tomorrow to get it taken care of. She started doing swim lessons at Nitro Swim last year and is in Station 7 already! We also plan on enrolling her in Kung Fu lessons offered through her After School Care.

Sugar Bear is still at the same day care. She's enrolled in Kinder Tots and absolutely loves it! She calls it her "lay" class (ballet) and she gets to wear her "lay" shoes. She is still Rear Facing in her car seat and remains a little peanut. I just retired most of her 18-month clothes last night, although some of the Gymboree ones (they run big) are still in the mix. She loves Sunday School and her teacher told me today that she was their "star singer" in class today and she did a lot of solos. She calls "Jesus Loves Me" the "BL Song". I think she calls it that because it has the word 'Bible' in it and she's confusing it with the B-I-B-L-E song (shortened to BL song).

Both girls are in the Awana program at church on Wednesdays. Sweet Pea is a Sparkie and Sugar Bear is a Puggles. They absolutely love going to that, too!

So, I'm not going to post a whole slew of pictures to get you all caught up from May till present, but I will post some pictures from last month.

Here are some pics from our Annual 2011 Holdren's White Elephant party:


























And then here are pictures of the girls from Christmas Day right before heading off to church:











No comments: