They also had a petting zoo with a horse, a donkey, rabbits, and a couple of goats with kids (baby goats). The animals certainly piqued Sweet Pea's curiousity, but she didn't want to get close to them at all. There also was a jump house, a dunking booth, face painting and a lot of booths set up with local vendors. We didn't go to the jump house because there were a lot of older kids there and too, there were a lot of bees right around that area because of the cotton candy booth, I'm guessing?
Michael told me there were 3 bees that kept landing on the back of my shirt. You can imagine my reaction to that! (Anyone remember my crazy dance from the Alamo visit?) So we moved on pretty quickly after that. We actually ended up going straight to the "pumpkin patch" to pick out our pumpkins. I've never carved a pumpkin before (at least that I can remember) so I was pretty excited to pick out a pumpkin and I'm really looking forward to carving it! I picked out mine, Michael picked out his and Sweet Pea picked out hers. Right now they're sitting on the front porch until we actually pick a day to do the carving. I'll definitely post some pictures of our handiwork once we finish them!
So here are pictures from the pumpkin patch:





















1 comment:
Hey we did the same thing on Monday! She looks so cute picking out her own pumpkin. Wil and Eric were too busy checking out the animals and playing to pick their own out.
Post a Comment